Film: Back To The Future Trilogy

Saturday 11 May 2019

  • Doors: 11/05/2019 02:30PM

Movie-goers are going 'Back To The Future' to help raise money for Derian House Children's Hospice.
 
This event, which is being organised as part of 'Jets GPS Fleet Corporate Challenge' invites film fanatics to watch all three films from the sci-fi trilogy released between 1985 and 1990, starring Michael J Fox.

Derian House Children’s Hospice specialises in the care and support of children suffering from life threatening and life shortening conditions. They currently care for over 400 families ALL across the North West including Merseyside and Liverpool, Greater Manchester, South Cumbria and West Yorkshire and offer them respite, palliative and end-of-life care.

Derian are a haven and a refuge for those families facing some of the most difficult and heart-breaking times imaginable. Their doors are open 24 hours day, 365 days a year and they create the moments that matter and the memories that are special for the children whose moments are all too few.

Derian is a place of fun and laughter, care and support – and that’s not just in the Hospice itself. They have a dedicated Derian At Home team – they are a 6-strong team of specially qualifies nurses and medics who are mobile in two specially equipped cars on loan from a local dealership and they respond on a 24 hour call-out emergency service. They have an At Home team because in many cases the word Hospice is a scary word and some families understandably prefer to look after their child in their homes .. so Derian are there for them whenever they need and for as long as they need.

This is a very special year for Derian House – it’s their 25th Anniversary.

Back in 1993 there were just 5 Hospices offering care for children – now there are 55, so it proves how much need and demand there is for the support Derian provide.

It costs just short of £4m per year to keep Derian’s doors open and they get just under 7% funding from statutory sources – the other 93% they have to raise for themselves.

By buying a ticket for this event you will help to make a huge difference to Derian and help them to keep the doors open for those families who need help far into the future.